An unplanned pregnancy doesn’t have to result in an abortion. Many women feel uncomfortable with the idea of abortion because of personal or religious beliefs, and some women have already had an abortion and don’t want another one.
Whatever your reasons for considering options other than abortion, we can help. Keep reading to learn more about those other options.
Just because you don’t want an abortion doesn’t mean you have to be a parent. Maybe the timing isn’t right, or your partner isn’t going to be with you for the long haul. If you don’t feel ready to be a parent, that’s okay!
When it comes to adoption, you get to be in control.You can decide on the right plan for you, and a licensed adoption agent will walk you through all your plan options and be with you every step of the way. Any adoption option you choose comes at no cost to you.
There are three primary types of adoption plans you can choose from:
- Open Adoption: Open adoption allows for direct, open communication between you, the adoptive family, and your child. You can have a defined, ongoing relationship if that’s something you desire.
- Semi-Open Adoption: Semi-open adoption allows for some communication between you, the adoptive family, and the child. It often occurs through a third party who helps regulate the contact. You’ll be able to determine and control how much (or little) communication you are part of.
- Closed Adoption: A closed adoption means birth records will be sealed, allowing you to remain anonymous. This option is most often chosen when the birth mom wants to close this chapter of her life and move into a new one.
Is Parenting Right for Me?
Even if the timing wasn’t exactly what you had planned, parenting can still be a viable option for you. There are many factors to consider when contemplating parenting, like:
- Do you have a support system in place?
- Will you need to arrange childcare while you work during the day?
- Is your partner going to be around, and will he be supportive?
- Are your parents or other parent figures able to help?
- Do you want to be a mom?
Feelings of apprehension, joy, excitement, fear of the unknown, and anxiety are all normal. The more you learn about the many resources available to you, the more confident you will likely feel if you choose to parent.
At Women’s Pregnancy Options, we offer a wide variety of educational classes to help first-time parents learn more about:
- Fetal development
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Infant and early childhood development
- Positive partnerships
- And more
We would love to support you in your parenting journey if that’s the outcome you choose for your pregnancy.
Contact Us Today
An unplanned pregnancy doesn’t have to mean the end of your dreams or career, and abortion is not your only option. We’re here to help you process your other options to make the choice that’s best for you.
Contact us today to schedule a no-cost appointment so you can explore all the choices available to you and choose your next step with confidence.