To understand whether abortion or adoption is right for you, we want to empower you with knowledge so you can make an informed decision on what’s best for you on your specific journey.
What Is an Elective Abortion?
An elective abortion is performed when a woman decides to end a viable pregnancy located within the uterus.
There are two main types of elective abortions:
The type of abortion you’re eligible for will depend on factors such as:
- Gestational age
- Health history
- Current medications being used
- Current medical conditions
Specific risks and complications associated with abortions are also important to discuss with a physician or pregnancy center before the procedure. Some risks include:
- Heavy, abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Abdominal pain
What Is Adoption?
Adoption is when a child is placed with a couple to form a family or is added to an existing family. Adoption can take many different forms, including:
- Open Adoption: Free-flowing, open communication, and contact between you and the adoptive family.
- Semi-Open Adoption: Communication and contact still occurs but are regulated through a third party so that you can have as much or as little contact as you and the adoptive family agree.
- Closed Adoption: No communication or contact occurs between you, the family, or the child. All records and identifying documents are legally sealed, allowing you to remain completely anonymous.
Who Can I Further Discuss Options With?
Need a little extra help deciding what option is right for you? We’ve got you covered. Contact us today to schedule your confidential appointment. We offer services including medical grade pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, and options counseling. As always, all of our services are at no-cost to you.
Together we will forge a path forward that will make you comfortable and confident.